Issue 2: security
Issue 2 of The Recompiler focuses on issues of security, transparency, and accessibility. 56 pages with full-color glossy printing.
The articles cover: two-factor authentication, randomness and random variables, algorithm transparency, systems of trust, and disability and feminism in hacking.
- Two Tokens and a Cat: working with two-factor authentication by Zoe Landon
- Minimizing Your Trust Footprint by Emily St.
- Reasoning About Opaque Algorithms by Rachel Shadoan
- Why Random Variables are Neither Random nor Variable: statistics and quantum cryptography by Aditya Mukerjee
- From JS to JewelBots: an interview with Sara Chipps by Aurelia Moser
- Ramping Up: disabled feminisms and hacking by Khairani Barokka
- Everyday Carry by Liz Henry